Photo Friday: No Sleep To China

May 15, 2015
tags: , ,

Yeah. I can’t even believe it. A week from Monday I’m leaving for Beijing. There is so much to do in between now and then it’s crazy. Hopefully the people at my hotel will be helpful in pointing me in the direction of great duck.

I have to say it feels completely irresponsible to make a big trip like this without having any idea what I’m going to do once I’m there. But it will be an adventure. And hey, I still have a week to figure it out.

Since I have neither queued up any posts in advance of my departure or lined up any guest posters for the week, it looks like the FLB will be taking its first short planned hiatus in over five years.

Speaking of having far too much to do, today all you get is pictures of food. I’m not even going to tell you what they are. You’re just going to have to guess. But I tell you what. The first person who guesses them all correctly will win a prize.

Ready, set, go.

IMG_0621
2)IMG_0651

3)IMG_0768

4)IMG_0663
5)IMG_0694
6)IMG_0749
7)IMG_0752
8)IMG_0779

1. May 15, 2015 9:24 am

Super up close photos render most foods fecal/vomit-esque. Just my unwelcome 2-cents.

2. Jessica R W permalink
    May 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Well, I don’t know them all, but since no one else is even guessing, I will say what I do know and guess the rest.

1) Poutine from Rock and Roll Brunch last month
    2 and 3) Special burger tasting at McDonald’s
    4) Pizza from Civtello’s
    5) Not sure, guessing some dish from Hong Kong bakery
    6) Unsure, guessing something from Parivar
    7) ??? Ramen from somewhere???
    8) Osyter from fin’s oyster tasting

3. May 19, 2015 9:25 am

1. Beef Tongue Poutine from Rock and Roll Brunch
    2. First McD’s Sirloin Burger from Special Tasting
    3. 2nd McD’s Sirloin Burger you bought with messed up toppings
    4. Tomato Pie
    5. Steamed buns of some sort
    6. Scallion Pancake from Ala Shanghai
    7. Rice Bowl from Taiwan Noodle? That doesn’t really look like their soy eggs though
    8. Oyster from Fin

4. Kerosena permalink
    May 19, 2015 11:48 am

6. That scallion pancake *has* to be from Taiwan Noodle.

5. May 19, 2015 12:30 pm

6 looks more like the Taiwan Noodle scallion pancake to me.

6. June 12, 2015 9:11 am

The answers:
    1) Breakfast Poutine from Rock N Roll Brunch
    2) McDonald’s steakhouse burger on a silver platter
    3) McDonald’s steakhouse burger served to the masses
    4) Civtello’s amazing Tomato Pie
    5) Crispy pork belly buns from Umana Wine Bar
    6) That Scallion Pancake has to be from Taiwan Noodle
    7) The chicken with pickled vegetables over rice (w/ egg & sausage) is from there too
    8) A west coast oyster from the tasting at fin – your fishmonger